can't sit still...must cook


Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 2, Homework

My homework.....how did I do?




I nixed the stuffed tomato to save time, made just a simple salad (omitted bacon and mushrooms to save time and $) and skipped the soup. I was very pleased with how the clafouti came out... and the rice was good (but not life changing!) Again the vinaigrette went over really well. The roasted chicken was a big hit and I was very proud of my trussing and carving...however the skin wasn't quite as crispy as it was in class.
I rubbed compound rosemary butter on top of the skin (I should have just rubbed it under the skin) and that is where I think I went wrong. I also opened the oven door about 17 times while the chicken was roasting to check on it. I later learned this sets back the cooking time because every time you open the door the oven temperature drops 100 degrees. Nothing tragic but for next time I know better!

I give myself a B-.

No comments:

Post a Comment