can't sit still...must cook


Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 1, Homework

Homework:
For dinner, I put what I had learned in class to the test. I made everything but the broccoli and soup (just to cut down on time and expense). I had some trouble finding french cut lamb chops - I was unsuccessful at the Gramercy Meat Market which is usually a pretty well-stocked butcher shop but found some at Whole Foods. I was pretty pleased with how everything came out. The potatoes were a bit crispier than in class (more like hash browns), but otherwise everything was pretty comparable. My dinner guests loved the vinaigrette to my delight because was probably the easiest part of the whole meal!



I give myself a B+ for leaving out a few items on the menu but otherwise pretty flawless execution... What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment